Services: Quantity Surveying Services
Description: The project comprised of the complete demolition and removal of all internal elements including upper floors, internal partitions, MEP services, stairs and finishes etc.
The proposed works included a new basement extension constructed in reinforced concrete with RC L shaped underpins cast in 1m sections to the basement perimeter walls, rear extension, high end refurbishment over four storeys, specialist MEP services, AV and security installations. The existing windows and external doors were completely refurbished and the works also included external site works.
The Form of Contract was the JCT Standard Building Contract without Quantities 2011 Edition.
Our services on the project included the following:
- Cost planning
- Preparation of client’s budget
- Value engineering
- Preparation of the Preliminaries & General Conditions
- Preparation of a detailed Schedule of Works pricing document
- Selecting & inviting suitable contractors to tender
- Issuing invitation to tender letters to selected contractors
- Management of the tendering process
- Evaluation and analysis of tenders
- Compiling tender reports
- Post - tender negotiations and discussions
- Recommendation to employer of lowest/best value tender